DO YOU KNOW?
The Many Benefits of Minnesota Homeownership:
- Homeownership builds wealth over time
- Creates a sense of community among families and their neighbors
- The Housing Industry makes up 15-18% of the GDP
- The positive local economic impacts of building 100 homes is $28.7 Million in local income and nearly 400 jobs!
- Good paying jobs! The average construction occupation in the Twin Cities pays $60,000 annually.
The Barriers Facing Minnesotans:
- On average, government regulations account for 24.3% of the final price of a new single-family home!
- From 2011 to 2016 the regulatory costs to build an average single-family home increased by 29.8%.
- For every $1,000 increase in the price of a home, about 4,000 Minnesota families are priced out of the market.